Allen County Public Library!

Allen County Public Library!
"Great Hall"

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dress Code Review

(My apologies to the anonymous commenter who submitted a question similar to the one below. I managed to accidentally lose the question but will replicate and answer as best as I can.)

Q In an earlier posting you said the issue of men having to wear ties at ACPL would likely be addressed as part of a review of the Dress Code expected to take place in 2008. Well, we're half way through 2008. Will the review happen?

A I've gone back and looked at the 34 2008 HR Objectives we created and distributed for review by all early in the year. We've completed 26%, have partially complted 44%, and haven't started 29% of the objectives. The Dress Code review is among the 29% (or 10) projects we haven't started. As a department we need to assess which incomplete or not started objectives are the most important to complete before the year ends - as it seems unlikely we'll be able to finish all 34.

So, the short answser is that I don't know yet. I'll publish a note on the blog by the end of July with a real answer. Peter